🌎 / Russia
Up-to-date info COVID-19 travel restrictions. Quarantine conditions, entry requrements, list of approved vaccines and etc., help you make decisions about future trips in 2021.
🦠 Russia COVID-19 travel requirements
✅ List of approved vaccines in Russia
⚠ Current covid restrictions in Russia
🧾 Entry conditions
Last updated: 5 December 2021, 16:51 (GMT +4)
Effective immediately and until further notice, passengers or residents travelling to Russia who have visited the following countries in the past 10 days will not be allowed entry into Russia:
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
Before boarding the flight to Moscow, all non?Russian citizens including children, must present a certificate of a negative COVID?19 PCR test taken not more than 72 hours before their time of arrival to Moscow. The certificate must either be in English or Russian.
Regardless of the point of origin, Russian nationals do not need to take a COVID?19 PCR test before departure. All Russian citizens who have been vaccinated within the last 12 months or those who have recovered from COVID-19 within the last 6 months do not need to take COVID-19 PCR test on arrival. All other citizens must take one test at a Russian clinic within 3 days of arrival and register and upload a negative result.
For non-Russian citizens, printed negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate.
There are currently no quarantine requirements for travel to Russia.
Nationals and residents of countries allowed entry to Russia: Russian Federation, United Arab Emirates, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Austria, Bahamas, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Colombia, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Cuba, Czech republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominican republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Iceland, Iraq, Iran, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea (Rep.), Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Morocco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Northern Macedonia, Norway, Oman, Peru, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunis, Turkey, United Kingdom, USA, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Vietnam. Additionally, travel is permitted from these listed countries only.
- Accredited or appointed employees of diplomatic missions and consular offices of foreign states in the Russian Federation, international organisations and their representatives, other official missions of foreign states located in the territory of the Russian Federation, as well as family members of these persons with no restriction of the originating country.
- Nationals of other countries with no restriction of the originating point, if travelling for the following reasons:
- To visit close relatives (spouse/parents/children/grandparents/siblings) or travelling with close relatives who are nationals of the Russian Federation. Documentary proof of relationship must be presented.
- For work in Russia as high qualification specialists - the organisation inviting this category of passengers must apply for OK to board confirmation via GOSUSLUGI.RU and the passenger must carry a printed copy of this confirmation while travelling.
- For medical treatment – there must be proof of travel on hand and special visa issued for this reason if visa is required (dependent on nationality). The medical facility must apply for OK to board confirmation via GOSUSLUGI.RU and the passenger must carry a printed copy of this confirmation while travelling
- To study in Russia – Students travelling to Russia must carry an invitation letter from the university in Russia and OK to board confirmation. The university must apply for OK to board confirmation via .
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you re travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.