Thailand Tourist (METV visa)

💳 Tourist (METV visa), Tourist Visa of Thailand

🕜 Duration 60 days ✨ Extendable 💰 200 ($) 🧐 Tourist Visa

The multiple entry Tourist Visa (METV) is valid for 6 months to enter Thailand. A visa becomes effective from the date of issuance. Please, do not apply for the visa too early. If you apply too early the visa may expire before your trip and you will have to re-apply.

The METV visa allows for multiple entries into Thailand within the visa's validity period. This means you can enter and exit the country multiple times during the visa's validity.

When you enter the country with this visa, you're granted a stay of 60 days. If you wish to extend your stay, you can do so for an additional 30 days or 60 days if you're visiting Thai family or your spouse.

It's important to remember that the tourist visa doesn't permit any business-related activities, work, or employment. You can only use it for tourism purposes, such as leisure travel, visiting relatives, or participating in non-business events like MICE (meetings, incentives, conventions, and exhibitions).

Visa can be obtained outside of Thailand only.

Processing time is minimum 15 business days / expedited service is not available.

Fee – $200 for multiple entry. The fee is not refundable in any cases.

✔ Checklist of required documents for Thailand Tourist Visa

  • Actual Passport or Travel Document. (must not expire within 6 months and contain at least ONE completely empty visa page).
  • Passport-size photographs (2″x2″), photographs must have a light color background, full-face view of the person without wearing a hat or dark glasses and covering up shoulders, photos must be taken within 6 months.
  • Flight confirmation / reservation, showing going from US to Thailand and leaving from Thailand. (The name of the applicant must indicated clearly.)
  • Bank statement for the last 6 months with : minimum balance of $7,000 (every months), the name of the applicant must indicated clearly, in case of submitting family bank statement a proof of relationship (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.
  • For self-employed, pls provided business license or business registration indicating the applicant’s name.
  • All supporting materials that are not in English must be accompanied by certified English translations and certified by an embassy only.

💬 Share your experience