💳 SMART “S” (Startup) - 1 year, Startup Visa of Thailand - Requirements and Process
T Foreigners who have attended an incubation or accelerator program or any other similar program in the targeted industries or received joint venture funding from the public sector or endorsed by relevant government agencies
Qualifications and Criteria
- Attending an incubation or accelerator program or any other similar program which is in the targeted industries and certified by relevant government agencies such as the National Innovation Agency (Public Organization) and Digital Economy Promotion Agency.
- In case of not participating in an incubator or a similar program, the applicant must either receive joint venture funding with the public sector or endorsed by relevant government agencies such as the Digital Economy Promotion Agency.
- Having a deposit of no less than 600,000 Baht or equivalent in a bank account in Thailand or in the country of his/her nationality or residence, which has been held for at least 3 months.
- In the case of being accompanied by spouses and children, an additional amount of deposit of no less than 180,000 Baht per person or equivalent is required in a bank account in Thailand or in the country of his/her nationality or residence, which has been held for at least 3 months.
- Having health insurance covering the entire period of stay in Thailand for the applicant as well as spouse and children.
✔ Checklist of required documents for Thailand Startup Visa
- Completed application form of qualification endorsement for smart visa “S”
- Copy of valid passport
- Medical certificate issued from the country of which the applicant is a national or a permanent resident or where the application is submitted, showing no prohibited diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535 (not more than 3 months old)
- Shareholder list (not more than 3 months old)
- Company’s annual report, brochures and catalogues. (if any)
- Evidence of the incubation or accelerator program acceptance evidence
- Power of attorney if the application is submitted by a representative
- A letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record, certificate of incorporation, memorandum of association in Thailand, may be requested on a case-by-case basis.
💬 Share your experience
🦹♀️ Startup Visas for which no criminal history is required to be provided
You are interested in a Thailand Startup Visa that does not require a criminal records report. Below are Startup Visas with the same conditions, you may also find them interesting.