Vietnam for citizens of United States of America
1 types of tourist visas for Vietnam are presented. The longest period of stay is 90 days. Good options for digital nomads on Vietnam is Business Visa.
Visa-free entry - Vietnam visa for United States of America citizen in February of 2024
ℹ United States citizens do not require a visa to visit Vietnam. The duration of stay of passport holders of United States of America on the territory of Vietnam is 30 days. Holders of United States passports can apply for a visa online. Important! A single entry eVisa is available. Phu Qu?c visa exemption for up to 30 days.
🔑 How to enter to Vietnam from United States of America
To enter Vietnam, United States citizens must follow some fairly simple steps. Please note that migration services have the right to request additional documents (return tickets, accommodation reservations and etc.).
- Before traveling to Vietnam, check whether your United States passport is valid. Passport must be valid for 6 months after entering Vietnam and have at least 1 blank page for entry stamp.
- Show your United States passport to the immigration officer upon arrival.
- Getting a visa - an entry stamp in your United States passport. You are allowed to stay in Vietnam for 30 days.
✅ Requirements for United States citizens to visit Vietnam with tourist visa
- United States citizens should provide valid passport. Passport must be valid at the all time of entry to Vietnam. The passport must be a minimum of one blank page for the entry stamp.
- Medical insurance is recommended, as treatment of United States citizens on the territory of Vietnam is carried out on a commercial basis.
⚠ Citizens of United States of America must obtain a visa in advance before traveling to Vietnam.
A Vietnamese tourist visa is required for United States citizens. At the discretion of the embassy staff, the visa can be issued strictly under the travel time line. When applying for a tourist visa to Vietnam, the applicant must be in person. You may applay for a Vietnamese tourist visa online.
✅ How to apply for Vietnam tourist visa from United States of America
- Prepare all required documents.
- Complete the application form and attach all required documents.
- Submit your visa application online.
- Await processing of documents.
- Receive your passports with visas. .
ℹ The processing time is usually standard, but may increase depending on the embassy's workload. Refusal may be received without explanation. The visa fee is non-refundable in case of refusal. The application must be submitted for each applicant separately and in person.
🏢 United States Embassies and Consulates in Vietnam
Do citizens of United States of America require a visa to visit the Vietnam?
United States citizens do not need a visa to visit the Vietnam.
How long United States citizens are allowed to stay in Vietnam without a visa?
The maximum duration of stay in Vietnam for citizens of United States of America for a visa-free stay is 30 days.
What happens if a United States passport holder stays in Vietnam longer than the visa-free period allowed?
Overstaying visa-free entry to Vietnam is punishable by a fine, in case of serious violations a ban on entry to Vietnam is possible. It is essential to leave the country before your authorized stay expires or to extend your stay legally if needed.
Do citizens of United States of America need to show proof of sufficient funds to enter Vietnam without a visa?
Vietnamese immigration authorities may ask for proof of sufficient funds or a return ticket when entering the country without a visa. It is advisable to have these documents with you when traveling.
What documents are required for United States citizens to enter Vietnam without a visa?
United States citizens need a valid passport with at least six months validity, a return or onward ticket, and proof of sufficient funds to cover their stay in Vietnam.
Can United States work or study during the visa-free stay in Vietnam?
The Vietnam visa-free stay is usually for tourism purposes only. For working or studying in Vietnam United States citizens usually requires a specific visa, and you should not engage in such activities on a tourist visa-free stay.