🚗 Do tourists need a license to drive a car in Algeria?
Yes, tourists need a valid international driver's license to be able to drive a car in Algeria.
- Tourists need to have a valid international driver's license
- They also need to have their original driver's license with them
- They need to be at least 21 years old to rent a car
- It's recommended to purchase insurance for your rental car
- Driving is on the right side of the road in Algeria
- Seatbelts are mandatory for both front and back passengers
🚓 Driver rules in Algeria
- The speed limit in urban areas is 50km/h and on highways is 90km/h.
- Using mobile phones while driving is prohibited.
- Drunk driving is strictly prohibited. The legal limit for blood alcohol concentration is 0.02%. Penalties for breaking this law can include fines, license suspension or revocation, and even imprisonment.
- All drivers are required to have liability insurance.
- The legal age for driving in Algeria is 18 years old.