🚗 Do tourists need a license to drive a car in Anguilla?
Yes, tourists need a temporary driver's license to drive a car in Anguilla. To obtain this license, visitors will need to present a valid driver's license from their home country along with a fee. Here is a list of steps to obtain a temporary driver's license in Anguilla:
- Present a valid driver's license from your home country
- Pay a fee of $20 USD
- Complete a written test on Anguilla's driving rules and regulations
- Receive your temporary driver's license, which is valid for the duration of your stay
🚓 Driver rules in Anguilla
Here are rules and regulations for driving in Anguilla:
- Speed limitations: The speed limit in Anguilla is 30 mph (48 kph) in built-up areas and 50 mph (80 kph) on highways.
- Mobile phone use: It is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving, except for making emergency calls.
- Drunk driving: It is illegal to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The legal blood alcohol limit is 0.08%. Penalties for drunk driving can include fines, imprisonment, and license suspension.
- Insurance: All drivers in Anguilla are required to have third-party insurance coverage. This insurance covers any damage or injuries caused to someone else or their property in the event of an accident.
- Age limitations: To drive in Anguilla, you must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid driver's license.