🚗 Do tourists need a license to drive a car in Bermuda?
- Yes, tourists need a valid driver's license from their country of residence to rent and drive a car in Bermuda.
- Alternatively, they can obtain a Bermuda Temporary Driving License from the Bermuda Transport Control Department upon presentation of their valid license and payment of a fee.
🚓 Driver rules in Bermuda
- Speed limitations: The maximum speed limit in Bermuda is 35 km/h (22 mph) in most areas, with some areas having a lower speed limit of 20 km/h (12 mph).
- Mobile phone use: It is illegal to use a mobile phone while driving in Bermuda. This includes texting and making calls while driving.
- Drunk driving: The legal limit for blood alcohol content (BAC) in Bermuda is 0.08%. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a serious offence and can result in heavy fines, license suspension, and even imprisonment.
- Insurance: All drivers in Bermuda must have liability insurance to cover any damages or injuries they may cause while driving.
- Age limitations: The legal driving age in Bermuda is 18 years old.