💳 SMART “S” (Startup) - 2 year , Startup Visa of Thailand - Requirements and Process
Technology-based startup entrepreneurs in the targeted industries. Application for 2-year visa: Foreigners who have already established a certified startup company in Thailand
Qualifications and Criteria
- Having established a startup company in Thailand, certified as being the ones in the targeted industries by relevant government agencies such as the National Innovation Agency (Public Organization) and Digital Economy Promotion Agency.
- Holding no less than 25% of the company’s registered capital or a position of a director of the abovementioned company.
- Having a deposit of no less than 600,000 Baht or equivalent in a bank account in Thailand or in the country of his/her nationality or residence, which has been held for at least 3 months.
- In the case of being accompanied by spouses and children, an additional amount of deposit of no less than 180,000 Baht per person or equivalent is required in a bank account in Thailand or in the country of his/her nationality or residence, which has been held for at least 3 months.
- Having health insurance covering the entire period of stay in Thailand for the applicant as well as spouse and children.
- Maximum renewable 2-year visa.
- No work permit required for working in the business certified by relevant agencies. In case of changes of jobs, additional endorsements in accordance with the relevant requirements must be obtained.
- 90-day reporting to the Immigration at the One Stop Service Center extended to 1 year.
- No re-entry permit required.
- Spouse and children granted permission to stay in Thailand. The spouse granted permission to work with no work permit required for the same duration as the Smart visa holder.
- Access to a fast -track service at international airports in Thailand (where available).
✔ Checklist of required documents for Thailand Startup Visa
- Completed application form of qualification endorsement for smart visa “S”
- Copy of valid passport
- Medical certificate issued from the country of which the applicant is a national or a permanent resident or where the application is submitted, showing no prohibited diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535 (not more than 3 months old)
- Health insurance policy covering entire course of stay in Thailand * Submission of this document can be done separately at a later date before a notification letter is issued
- Shareholder list (not more than 3 months old)
- Company’s annual report, brochures and catalogues. (if any)
- Evidence of the incubation or accelerator program acceptance evidence
- Financial evidence showing a deposit of no less than 600,000 Baht or equivalent in a bank account which has been held for at least 3 months. * In the case of being accompanied by spouses and children, an additional amount of fixed saving of at least 180,000 Baht per person or equivalence is required
- Power of attorney if the application is submitted by a representative
- A letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record, certificate of incorporation, memorandum of association in Thailand, may be requested on a case-by-case basis.
💬 Read 1 trusted reviews
|🥱 Waiting time|
✅ 5 - 9 months after a complete application is received and acknowledged by the Sydney intake office . It used to be much faster during the pilot stage though. Also, unlike many other programs, the review of eligibility happens first, followed by the medical examination.
- one year ago
🦹♀️ Startup Visas for which no criminal history is required to be provided
You are interested in a Thailand Startup Visa that does not require a criminal records report. Below are Startup Visas with the same conditions, you may also find them interesting.