💳 SMART “S” (Startup) - 6 months, Startup Visa of Thailand - Requirements and Process
Foreigners who plan to set up a startup company in Thailand or engage in promotional activities for startups or Startup Camps
Qualifications and Criteria
- Having a plan to set up a tech startup in Thailand, which must be endorsed by relevant agencies such as the National Innovation Agency (Public Organization) or being engaged in an activity aimed to promote startups, or an activity similar to Startup Camp, endorsed by government agencies such as the Board of Investment and National Innovation Agency (Public Organization).
- Having health insurance covering the entire period of stay in Thailand.
- Maximum 6-month visa, renewable for a term of up to 2 years if requirements are met.
- No work permits required for setting up a startup based on the endorsed plan and working for that startup, or participating in an endorsed startup promotion activity. In case of changes or additional activities, further approval or endorsement will be required.
- 90-day reporting to the Immigration at the One Stop Service Center extended to 1 year.
- No re-entry permit required.
- Access to a fast-track service at international airports in Thailand (where available).
✔ Checklist of required documents for Thailand Startup Visa
- Completed application form of qualification endorsement for smart visa “S”
- Copy of valid passport
- Medical certificate issued from the country of which the applicant is a national or a permanent resident or where the application is submitted, showing no prohibited diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535 (not more than 3 months old)
- Company’s annual report, brochures and catalogues. (if any)
- Evidence of the incubation or accelerator program acceptance evidence
- Power of attorney if the application is submitted by a representative
- A letter of verification issued from the country of his or her nationality or residence stating that the applicant has no criminal record, certificate of incorporation, memorandum of association in Thailand, may be requested on a case-by-case basis.
💬 Share your experience
🦹♀️ Startup Visas for which no criminal history is required to be provided
You are interested in a Thailand Startup Visa that does not require a criminal records report. Below are Startup Visas with the same conditions, you may also find them interesting.