💳 SMART “T” (Talent), Startup Visa of Thailand - Requirements and Process
Highly skilled professionals in the targeted industries General Case
Qualifications and Criteria
- Minimum income of no less than 100,000 Baht/month or equivalent. In case of experts having an employment contract with a startup, or retired experts having endorsements from a relevant agency, minimum income of no less than 50,000 Baht per month is required.
- Having an employment or service contract with an entity in Thailand or overseas with an assignment to work in Thailand. The remaining term of such contract must be at least 1 year.
- Having expertise in science and technology relevant to the targeted industries and endorsed by an agency within the Strategic Talent Center (STC)’s network.
- Employers in Thailand must be endorsed for being engaged in the targeted industries by relevant government agencies such as the National Innovation Agency (Public Organization) and Digital Economy Promotion Agency.
- Maximum renewable 4-year visa, but not exceeding the employment/service contract term
- No work permit required for working in the endorsed companies. In case of changes of jobs, additional endorsements in accordance with the relevant requirements must be obtained.
- 90-day reporting to the Immigration at the One Stop Service Center extended to 1 year.
- No re-entry permit required.
- Spouse and children granted the right to stay and work in Thailand with no work permit required (Children wishing to work must be at least 18 years. The jobs must not be on the prohibited list of occupations and professions for foreigners).
- Access to a fast-track service at international airports in Thailand (where available).
✔ Checklist of required documents for Thailand Startup Visa
- Completed application form of qualification endorsement for smart visa “T”
- Copy of valid passport
- Medical certificate issued from the country of which the applicant is a national or a permanent resident or where the application is submitted, showing no prohibited diseases ( Leprosy, Tuberculosis, drug addiction, Elephantiasis, third phase of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 B.E. 2535 (not more than 3 months old)
- Evidence of qualification (e.g. copy of university certificate
- Evidence of previous employment (e.g. copy of letter from previous company)
- Evidence of employment contract or service contract with an entity in Thailand or a letter signed by an authorized person which includes details of employment e.g. position, contract term, income *the remaining period of employment contract must be at least 1 year and income is not less than 100,000 Baht or equivalent per month
- Company’s annual report, brochures and catalogues (if any)
- Evidence of working for a government agency/ Alternative Dispute Resolution
💬 Share your experience
🦹♀️ Startup Visas for which no criminal history is required to be provided
You are interested in a Thailand Startup Visa that does not require a criminal records report. Below are Startup Visas with the same conditions, you may also find them interesting.