💳 List of Hungary visa types
🏢 List of Hungary embassies
🦠 Hungary COVID-19 travel requirements
Last updated: 13 October 2021, 13:06 (GMT +4)
Travel from UAE to Hungary
UAE citizens and permanent residents of the UAE can travel to Hungary under the following conditions :
- Submit a negative COVID 19 PCR test result taken at most 72 hours before arrival
- Children below 18 years are exempted from pre departure testing.
Travel to Hungary
There are restrictions on the categories of passengers who can enter Hungary at this time. Passenger restrictions do not apply to:
- Persons with COVID-19 immunity certificates issued by Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Bahrain, Croatia, Turkey, North Macedonia, Czech Republic, Mongolia, Georgia, Romania, Russia, Moldova, Slovakia, Cyprus, Albania, Morocco, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, San Marino, Switzerland and Uzbekistan.
- Persons with an EU issued digital COVID-19 vaccination certificate who are vaccinated with a vaccine approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA), World Health Organisation (WHO) or the government of Hungary, provided they have been fully vaccinated at least once in less than a year or that they have a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate issued within 72 hours of arrival in Hungary
- Passengers who present at least one negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate in Hungarian or English for a test taken within 72 hours of entry and conducted by United Arab Emirates, Russia, China, Bahrain, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Turkey or Uzbekistan, any EU member, OECD or NATO state.
- Minors under 18 years who are accompanied by their parents/guardian
Please check the latest requirements before you travel. If you are travelling to Hungary, you may be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test before departure or on arrival, as well as undergo self quarantine.
Passengers arriving into Hungary are subject to 10 days self quarantine from the date/time of entering the country. The quarantine period can be shortened if:
- The passenger is able to present two negative COVID-19 PCR test results with a 48-hour period between the two tests. Certificates issued in Schengen countries, Croatia, United States of America and Canada within 5 days of their arrival can be accepted as the first one, or
- The passenger is able to provide satisfactory proof that they have been treated for and cured of COVID-19 in the past six months prior to their arrival.
The following passengers are exempted from quarantine requirements:
- Passengers with a vaccination certificate issued by Hungarian authorities, a valid EU COVID-19 certificate or a certificate issued by the following countries: Hungary, Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Bahrain, Croatia, Turkey, North Macedonia, Czech Republic, Mongolia, Georgia, Romania, Russia, Moldova, Slovakia, Cyprus, Albania, Morocco, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, San Marino, Switzerland, Uzbekistan, Russia, Andorra, Faroe Islands, Israel, Monaco, Panama, Vatican City and India.
- Passengers in transit to nearby countries
- Passengers with a COVID-19 PCR test certificate for a test taken within 72 hours of departure from the following countries: United Arab Emirates, Russia, China, Bahrain, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Turkey or Uzbekistan, any EU member, OECD or NATO state
- Students and passengers travelling for business with written proof (preferably an invitation letter by the Hungarian counterpart)
- Minors below 18 years old
Travel to Hungary is only permitted for Hungarian citizens, citizens with permanent residence permit in Hungary and their family members.
Passengers holding a travel document issued by any other countries (including EU and Non-EU citizens) are not permitted to enter with the following exceptions:
- Citizens of the EU, EEA, EU Candidate States; Great Britain, Northern Ireland, United States of America, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, India, Indonesia, State of Israel, Japan, China, Russia, Singapore, Turkey, Ukraine, Korea, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and citizens with a valid residence permit in any of the listed countries with a validity of more than 90 days will only be allowed entry after presenting proof of business or economic activities in Hungary. This category of passengers are also exempted from health screening and quarantine requirements.
- Passengers in transit are allowed to enter in case of negative health screening at entry, if they are able to certify the purpose and destination of their travel and their entry into a neighbouring country of Hungary on their way to their final destination is ensured.
- Passengers arriving for cultural or sport events in Hungary are allowed to enter with a ticket of the event provided that they have one negative SARS-COV2 PCR test result within 3 days before entry. The document has to be certified and issued in Hungarian or English.
- Passengers are allowed to enter Hungary for business or economic activities if they provide proof of this at entry. Customers arriving in Hungary for business or economic activities are exempted from health screening and quarantine, provided they hold permission to enter Hungary.
- All other passengers that have pre-approval from Hungarian Authorities. The request to enter Hungary can be lodged .
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you re travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.