💳 Here are the types of visas available to visit Vietnam
No Entry Visa
Cheap tickets from United States of America to Vietnam
🦠 Vietnam COVID-19 travel requirements
Last updated: 10 November 2021, 13:51 (GMT +4)
Travel to Vietnam
There are very strict limitations on who can enter Vietnam at this time. Please check the requirements before you travel. If you are travelling to Vietnam, you must take a COVID-19 PCR test before departure and have medical insurance for the duration of your stay.
A 7-day centralised quarantine at an appointed hotel or facility as well as a 7-day monitoring of health at home/place of stay is applicable to passengers arriving in Vietnam with vaccination certificates issued by the UAE, Poland, South Korea, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, Oman, Thailand, Romania, Japan and New Zealand.
- Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test certificate for a test taken within 72 hours of departure and the certificate must be certified by authorities from the country of departure
- Passengers must have a vaccination certificate confirming that they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The last required dose must be taken at least 14 days and not more than 12 months before the date of entry, or
- The passenger has been previously infected with SARS-CoV-2, in which case they must have a RT-PCR certificate confirming a positive result with SARS-CoV-2. The validity of the certificate must not exceed 6 months from the date of entry. The certificate must be issued by authorities at the departure country and must state that the passenger has recovered from COVID-19.
Passengers are also required to undergo COVID-19 testing twice while in quarantine, on day 1 and on day 7. On day 1, the test can be an antigen rapid test or RT-PCR. On day 7, the test must be RT-PCR.
COVID-19 vaccination certificates from the following countries have been certified and approved by Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affair and can be accepted.
- Armenia - Vaccination certificate
- Austria - COVID-19 recovery certificate
- Azerbaijan - vaccination card/COVID-19 recovery certificate
- Belgium - EU digital vaccination certificate
- Brazil - National certificate of COVID-19 vaccination
- Bulgaria - EU digital vaccination certificate
- Czech Republic - National vaccination certificate/EU digital certificate of COVID-19 recovery/EU digital vaccination certificate
- China - Vaccination certificate
- Colombia - Vaccination certificate
- Denmark - Vaccination certificate
- France - EU digital vaccination certificate
- Germany - EU digital vaccination certificate/International vaccination certificate
- Greece - EK digital vaccination certificate
- Ireland - COVID-19 vaccination card/EU digital vaccination certificate
- Israel - Vaccination certificate
- India - Vaccination certificate
- Italy - EU digital vaccination certificate
- Japan - Vaccination certificate of COVID-19
- Kazakhstan - Vaccination certificate
- Kuwait - Sars-CoV-2 vaccination certificate
- Laos - Vaccination certificate
- Mongolia - International Travel Health certificate
- Morocco - Digital vaccination certificate
- New Zealand - Confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination (via email)
- Norway - EU digital vaccination certificate/ EU digital certificate of COVID-19 recovery
- Oman - Immunization certificate for COVID-19 vaccine
- Pakistan - Vaccination certificate
- Poland - Vaccination certificate
- Romania - Vaccination certificate
- Russia - Vaccination certificate
- San Marino - National vaccination certificate/EU digital certificate of COVID-19 recovery/EU digital vaccination certificate
- Saudi Arabia - COVID-19 vaccination health profile
- Singapore - Digital vaccination certificate
- Slovakia - EU digital vaccination certificate/National vaccination certificate
- South Korea - Vaccination certificate
- Spain - EU digital vaccination certificate
- Sri Lanka - Vaccination certificate
- Sweden - EU digital vaccination certificate
- Switzerland - COVID -19 certificate (vaccination/recovery)
- Thailand - COVID-19 certificate of vaccination
- Turkey - COVID-19 vaccination certificate/digital vaccination identity
- UAE - COVID-19 vaccination card
- UK - Vaccination certificate from England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- USA - Vaccination card
The below entry regulations apply to passengers who don’t meet the above criteria to enter Hanoi.
COVID-19 PCR testing
A negative real-time COVID-19 PCR test certificate is required for entry into Vietnam. The test must be taken at labs qualified by the WHO or the government at the point of origin within 3 days of arrival in Vietnam.
Passengers are also required to have a valid international medical insurance or, if invited by an organisation, the passenger must commit to cover all costs related to COVID-19 treatment in Vietnam if required.
Passengers who have an approved flight permit to Hanoi and Saigon are subject to medical screening and quarantine for 14 days at appointed hotels or facilities. This is to be followed immediately by 14 day monitoring of health at home/place of stay. Passengers are also required to undergo COVID-19 PCR tests while in quarantine.
Passengers who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 are still required to undergo a 7-day quarantine at appointed hotels or facilities, followed immediately by 7 days of health monitoring at home. At least 14 days and not more than 12 months must have passed since the last dose of the vaccine was administered before arriving in Vietnam.
For passengers who have recovered from COVID-19, proof of discharge by a recognised hospital or equivalent authority must be presented.
Passengers will be tested for COVID-19 on day 1 and 7 of the institutionalised quarantine period. Travellers are then required to download the contact tracing app Bluezone and keep it active throughout the home quarantine period.
The Vietnam government currently only approves entry for diplomats, specialists, highly skilled workers and business travellers. The company or organisation inviting these categories of passengers must request approval from the government office or City People Committee of Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. They will also need to request quarantine plan approval from the local health authority. Upon approval, the passenger or sponsoring company must submit all approval documents and permits to the local Emirates ticket office 5 working days before departure. Passengers are also required to submit their negative COVID-19 RT PCR test certificate to the local Emirates ticket office 1 working day before departure.
Flight permits allowing passengers to travel are subject to approval by the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam (CAAV) and are only valid on a specific flight.
Passengers must hold required approval documents specifying travel on scheduled flights for entry.
You can send all the documents to the email address below :
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you re travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.
Passengers travelling from Vietnam Hanoi (HAN) to Dubai must comply with the following procedures:
- Arrive at Noi Bai Airport, International Terminal T2, Level 2 by 1500 hr to prepare to take a COVID 19 RT PCR test at Medlatec facility. Please have your passport and air ticket handy.
- Present the receipt of the Airport RT- PCR test and the RT-PCR test report (taken within 48 hour prior to departure) for check in at Emirates counters in Terminal 2 by 1835hrs.
- The test report will be sent via email or Zalo to the passenger by 2035hrs. Passengers with a negative result will be accepted on board.
- Cost of the COVID 19 PCR test at Noi Bai Airport is VND 2,499,000. All forms of payment are accepted.
- Passengers must book the COVID 19 PCR test at the airport with Medlatec at least 24 hours before the flight at 0984204699, contact Mr Sung.
The above procedure is only applicable to passenger travelling to Dubai as final destination from 1 November 2021 to 30 November 2021.
Passengers travelling from Vietnam Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) to Dubai must comply with the following procedures.
- Arrive at Tan Son Nhat airport, International Terminal, Departure lobby Pillar 09 by 1445hrs. to prepare for taking a RT PCR test by Tam Anh hospital service. Please have your passport and air ticket handy.
- Present the receipt of the Airport RT PCR test and the RT PCR test report (taken within 48 hours prior to departure) for check-in at Emirates counters in Terminal 2, by 1810 hrs
- The test report will be sent via email or Zalo to passenger by 2010 hrs. Passengers with a negative result will be accepted on board.
- Cost of the PCR test at Tan Son Nhat Airport is VND 2,000,000. Form of payment: cash or credit card.
- Passenger must book the Airport COVID-19 PCR test 24 hours in advance with Tam Anh hospital via .
- The above procedure is only applicable to passenger travelling to Dubai as final destination from 1 November 2021 to 30 November 2021.
- (*All local Vietnam time)
- This procedure is only applicable to passengers travelling to Dubai as their final destination.
- For further information, please contact our Ticketing office at +8428 3911 3099
🛂 Free entry with passport of United States of America
🐱💻 Best digital nomad countries
... what else you most interested in ❓
👉 We are interested in offering you reliable information. Data about Thailand is ready and we are working on new directions. Please share with us which destinations are most delightful. We are glad to help you prepare for your amazing travels.
☝ One country
- 🛂 Visa details
- 🎫 Document list
- 😷 Covid restrictions
🖐 Five countries
- 🛂 Visa details
- 🎫 Document list
- 😷 Covid restrictions
💪 Best plan for your
- Individualy prepare 3 destinaion points
- based on your current situation