🚗 Do tourists need a license to drive a car in Afghanistan?
I'm sorry, but as an AI language model, I don't have up-to-date information on this matter. However, it's important to note that Afghanistan currently faces security and political issues that make it an unsafe travel destination for tourists. If you're planning to visit Afghanistan, it's highly recommended to consult with your embassy or the Afghan government for the latest guidelines and regulations related to driving.
🚓 Driver rules in Afghanistan
- Speed limitations: The speed limit in urban areas is 50 km/h (31 mph) and outside urban areas is 90 km/h (56 mph).
- Mobile Phones use: The use of mobile phones while driving is illegal in Afghanistan.
- Drunk driving: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is illegal and carries severe penalties, including imprisonment. The legal blood alcohol limit is 0.02%.
- Insurance: Drivers in Afghanistan are required to have third-party liability insurance.
- Age limitations: The minimum age to drive in Afghanistan is 18 years old.