💳 List of Malaysia visa types
🏢 List of Malaysia embassies
🦠 Malaysia COVID-19 travel requirements
Last updated: 11 October 2021, 15:11 (GMT +4)
Travel to Malaysia
Passengers are not allowed entry to Malaysia until further notice. (*please refer to Travel to Malaysia - Entry Exemptions)
COVID-19 PCR testing
A negative COVID-19 test (rT PCR) certificate is mandatory before arrival in Malaysia. This is applicable to all passenger categories, including Malaysian Citizens, their spouse and children and Diplomat passport holders. The test must be taken within 72 hours prior to first point of departure to Malaysia. The 72 hours will be calculated from the time the sample was collected.
Passengers entering Malaysia will undergo a mandatory health screening and an additional swab test upon arrival at their own cost.
Required documentation and application
Travel to Malaysia - Entry Exemptions
- Malaysian citizens are allowed entry without prior approval.
- Direct dependents to Malaysian citizens who are Registered with Malaysian government and have exited Malaysia before the MCO (18 MAR 2020) are allowed entry without prior approval. If the dependent has exited on are after 18 March 2020, they must apply for Entry to Malaysia Permission via
Below categories of expatriates and their dependents, including foreign maids to expatriates who are holding a valid long term pass and/or has obtained pass approval application to enter Malaysia are required to apply for Entry to Malaysia Permission via
- The categories of the pass is as follows:
- Residence Pass Talent (RP-T) and their dependant/s
- Employment Pass (Category EP I, II and III)
- Professional Visit Pass (PVP)
- Dependant Pass to expatriate for all categories
- Long Term Social Visit Pass (LT SVP) to expatriate for all categories
- Foreign Maid to expatriate for all categories
- All Pass Holder must comply with below requirements:
- Still holding a valid pass/approval of pass application;
- Present the Entry Approval Letter or Exit and Return to Malaysia Approval Letter that is still valid and the pass holder must return to Malaysia within the duration with a valid pass;
- Obtain a Visa with Reference (VDR) for countries that require a visa to enter Malaysia.
For detailed information, kindly refer to guidelines available on below links:
Expatriate who fails to comply with any of the above will be denied entry, pass cancelled and blacklisted in the Immigration system.
Malaysia My Second Home Pass Holders
International Students travelling to Malaysia
Seamen travelling to Malaysia:
Seamen travelling to Malaysia must obtain approval from Malaysia immigration before travel and have a guarantee letter from the shipping company.
Transit through Malaysia
All passengers in transit to China are required to complete, IgM antibodies test in the country of origin and the transit country. As KUL airport does not have the facility to perform IgM antibodies test during transit passenger with onward connection to China shall not be accepted.
International Arrival to International Departure
- Passengers are required to comply with onward carrier and destination regulations and requirements.
- Both arriving and departing carrier must operate from the same terminal (Emirates operates from KLIA)
- Flight itinerary must be planned with the shortest connecting flights
International Arrival to Domestic Departure
- Passengers connecting to domestic flights must comply with the latest quarantine procedures and will be allowed to travel onward to their domestic destination after obtaining clearance from MOH.
Domestic Arrival to International Departure
- Domestic passengers connecting to international flights must report to the check in counter or transfer desk no later than 90 minutes before their onward departure.
Travel from Malaysia
Passengers must carry complete and authentic documents and have them ready for verification by the check-in agent at their departure airport. Passengers are required to fully comply with rules and regulation of the local Authorities, immigration , and other regulatory bodies at the departing transit and final destinations.
- To check the latest COVID-19 travel and specific testing requirements for your destination, including any stops for connecting flights, please click here.
- To check the list of medical clinics, hospitals and ambulatory care centre’s that have obtained approval from local authorities in Malaysia to conduct screening and triaging for COVID?19, please .
- Malaysia passport holders must familiarize themselves and comply with the latest exit regulations issued by relevant Malaysian authorities.
- Other nationalities are required to apply for Approval to Exit and Return to Malaysia via . However, any expatriate who wish to exit Malaysia and will not return to Malaysia during the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) may proceed without applying for approval via .
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you re travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.
For further information please refer to following government websites: