💳 List of Sri Lanka visa types
🏢 List of Sri Lanka embassies
🦠 Sri Lanka COVID-19 travel requirements
Last updated: 5 October 2021, 15:53 (GMT +4)
Travel to Sri Lanka
Sri Lankan nationals / dual citizens who are travelling on Sri Lankan passports / Sri Lanka emergency travel document holders are allowed entry into Sri Lanka.
Passengers travelling to China are not allowed to transit through Sri Lanka.
COVID-19 testing requirements
All passengers over 2 years old must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test report in English for a test conducted within 72 hours of departure.
Travellers with a history of COVID-19 infection in the last 3 months can be accepted for travel to Sri Lanka with a negative COVID-19 Rapid Antigen test report for a test done within 48 hours of departure. They should carry verifiable evidence in English (a past positive PCR report, positive antigen test report or diagnosis card) as proof of past illness.
Passengers who have received the recommended doses of any COVID 19 vaccine 14 days prior to travel and travellers with a history of COVID-19 infection in the last 3 months before travel are exempted from the on-arrival PCR testing requirement.
- Depending on category, passengers must present the vaccination certificate or verifiable proof of COVID-19 infection in the last 3 months in English to the health officer at the airport.
- Quarantine rules for parents also apply for accompanying unvaccinated children up to 12 years.
- Unvaccinated children 12-18 years old travelling with vaccinated parents need to undergo Day1 PCR testing at the airport laboratory or a quarantine hotel or Safe & Secure level 1 hotel depending on category.
- If they test negative, the passenger will be released with parents without further quarantine.
For all other passengers:
- The first test will be carried out on the day of arrival (children below 2 years are exempted) at the airport laboratory or a quarantine hotel or Safe & Secure level 1 hotel depending on category.
- If tested negative, the passenger will be released to undergo a 14 day home quarantine or a quarantine hotel or Safe & Secure level 1 hotel depending on category.
Health Ministry approved labs will conduct the first COVID-19 PCR test and passengers are required to pay the lab directly for their test.
The quarantine period for all travellers (except passengers who have received the recommended doses of any COVID 19 vaccine 14 days prior to travel and travellers with a history of COVID 19 infection in the last 3 months) entering Sri Lanka will be a total of 14 days at home, a quarantine centre, quarantine hotel or Safe, Secure Certified Level 1 hotel, depending on their category.
- Unvaccinated customers will only be allowed to move within the tourism bio-bubble.
- Full procedure could be found in quarantine measures link below.
- Unvaccinated customers may choose to use their home, a quarantine centre or a designated hotel for quarantine
- Passengers who use a designated hotel for quarantine will have to bear the following costs payable direct:
- Hotel accommodation
- Transportation cost from the airport to the place of quarantine/hotel
- Any other incidental expenditure
Passengers transiting through Colombo must have OK to board approval for onward travel.
There is a temporary suspension on carrying animals as passenger baggage. Live animals can only be transported as cargo.
Travel from Sri Lanka
Passengers travelling from Sri Lanka are advised to arrive a minimum of 4 hours before departure to allow time for health screening and document verification.
COVID-19 testing requirements
It is mandatory that customers confirm the COVID?19 PCR test requirements as per the regulations of the destination country and present the test result certificate at check?in. Only COVID-19 PCR test reports from certified labs that issue a QR code linked to the original report will be accepted.
All passengers, except UAE nationals and children below 12 years old, who are travelling to Dubai must comply with specific COVID-19 testing requirements before departure. Please check Travel requirements for Dubai for specific requirements.
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you re travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.