💳 List of Maldives visa types
🏢 List of Maldives embassies
🦠 Maldives COVID-19 travel requirements
Last updated: 4 October 2021, 10:59 (GMT +4)
Travel to Maldives
If you are travelling to the Maldives, you may be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test before departure.
Machine-readable travel documents/passports with extended validity will not be accepted for travel to the Maldives.
Tourists (excluding children who are not eligible for vaccination) who intend to stay at guest houses on local islands must have completed the recommended dose(s) of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the World Health Organization Emergency Use Listing (EUL) or the Maldives Food and Drug Authority, and at least 14 days must have passed after the completion of the prescribed dose(s).
Tourists who have not completed the vaccination as mentioned above are permitted to stay only at guest houses on local islands specified by the Health Protection Agency (HPA). The guest houses that meet the HPA criteria are .
COVID-19 testing requirements
All passengers travelling to the Maldives must present a negative COVID 19 PCR (nucleic acid) test result.
COVID-19 test criteria
The test must be conducted within 96 hours of departure from the first port of embarkation. Passengers who have transited for more than 24 hours must repeat the test. The certificate must have the name of the passenger as in the passport and name and address of the testing laboratory.
The initial COVID-19 PCR test for transit/transfer passengers is valid provided their transit time is not more than 24 hours.
Passengers and airline crew are subject to medical screening on arrival.
The COVID-19 test certificate must have the following information:
- Name of the passenger (name as in passport)
- Name and address of the testing laboratory
- Type of test stated as PCR test
- Date of sampling
The following categories of travellers are exempted from pre-arrival COVID-19 PCR test requirements:
- Children below one year of age
- Flight crew arriving on General Declaration and not exceeding a stay of 7 days
Complete the online Immigration and Health Self-Declaration Form within 24 hours of your flight. A negative COVID-19 PCR test result has to be attached to the Obtain a QR Code and present it to the Immigration Officer on arrival.
The following categories of passengers are required to undergo mandatory home quarantine for 14 days in their place of residency or work:
- Special visa holders whose duration of stay in the Maldives will be more than 7 days
- Business visa holders whose duration of stay in the Maldives will be more than 7 days
- Foreign diplomats and their accompanying family members
- Maldivian citizens and work visa holders
However, work visa holders and their dependents travelling from South Asian countries (Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka), will be required to undergo mandatory quarantine for 14 days in a facility designated by the Health Protection Agency (HPA), irrespective of the duration of stay in the Maldives. Such passengers must undergo a COVID-19 PCR Test between 48 hours and 72 hours upon arrival in the Maldives, and obtain another negative COVID-19 PCR Test result before they are released from quarantine.
The above category of passengers (including accompanying children who cannot be vaccinated) will be exempted from home quarantine, if:
- Passengers have completed required dose(s) of a COVID-19 vaccine (approved by World Health Organization Emergency Use Listing (EUL) or Maldives Food and Drug Authority), and at least 14 days have passed after the completion of the required dose(s). Such passengers (including accompanying children) must do a COVID-19 PCR test between 5th and 7th day of their arrival to the Maldives.
- Passengers are documented of having diagnosed and recovered from COVID-19 in the Maldives, and travelling to the Maldives within 60 days from the sample date of the COVID-19 positive PCR test result.
Travel from Maldives
If you are travelling from the Maldives, you may be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test and submit additional documentation before departure. Please check the requirements of your specific destination before you travel.
COVID-19 testing requirements
It is mandatory that customers confirm the COVID-19 PCR test requirements as per the regulations of the destination country and present the test result certificate at check-in. Please contact your resort’s guest relations department for assistance with COVID-19 PCR testing, if required.
Tourists who arrived from India and/or are returning to India after their stay in the Maldives shall provide COVID-19 negative PCR Test result done within 72 hours prior to their departure. Tourists shall contact the respective resort/ guest house management to facilitate the COVID-19 PCR tests. It is advised to stay in their resort/ guest house and not to proceed to the airport before a negative COVID-19 PCR test result is obtained.
Complete the online Immigration and Health Self-Declaration Form within 24 hours of your flight. A negative COVID-19 PCR test result has to be attached to the Obtain a QR Code and present it to the officials at the entrance to check in, and to Immigration officers on departure.
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you re travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.