💳 List of Tunisia visa types
🏢 List of Tunisia embassies
🦠 Tunisia COVID-19 travel requirements
Last updated: 4 October 2021, 10:58 (GMT +4)
Travel to Tunisia
Effective 25 August 2021, the Civil Aviation Authority of Tunisia has released an update related to all passengers planning to travel to Tunisia.
- Nationalities who are eligible for travel to Tunisia can now be accepted for travel, including nationalities who are eligible for visa on arrival services.
- Passengers will be accepted based on meeting the below requirements.
- Non-resident passengers must hold a valid return ticket or they may not be accepted for travel.
Requirements to enter Tunisia
- All passengers, vaccinated or non-vaccinated, must provide a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate not older than 72 hours before departure. Passengers under the age of 12 are not required to take a COVID 19 PCR test.
- Passengers must complete the A copy of this form must be printed and signed prior to check-in. Passengers who do not have this form may not be accepted on the flight.
COVID-19 testing requirements
- The COVID-19 PCR certificate with a negative result is acceptable for travel for all vaccinated and non-vaccinated passengers, regardless of age.
- COVID-19 PCR certificate should not be older than 72 hours at time of travel. COVID-19 PCR test certificates older than 72 hours are invalid for travel.
- The COVID-19 PCR certificate must have a readable QR Code or has been issued by a registered clinic authorized by the health authorities of the country of origin.
- COVID-19 PCR certificate must be printed – soft copies are not permitted.
- COVID-19 PCR test results and E7MI forms will be collected by Health Control Services staff upon arrival at the temperature control level in the arrivals hall.
All passengers must print and sign the required form with full details of health declaration and quarantine address for contact tracing.
All unvaccinated passengers arriving in Tunisia are subject to a strict 10-day hotel quarantine from the date of arrival. A list of hotels is provided below.
All unvaccinated passengers must take a COVID-19 PCR test on days 7 and 10 of the quarantine period and will be released from the hotel if they test negative.
The hotel must be fully paid in advance and all passengers are required to present hotel booking vouchers with payment receipt at check in to be accepted on the flight.
List of approved quarantine hotels in Tunisia
- Penthouse Hotel
- Tunisia Palace Hotel
- Golden Carthage Hotel & Residences
- Lac Leman Hotel
- Elmouradi Elmenzah Hotel
- Palm Beach Club
- Sousse City Beach Hotel (ex Karawan Hotel)
- Cosmos Tergui Club
- Kanta Hotel
- Sun Beach Resort
- Zenith Hammamet
- Hammamet Village
- Palmyra Holidays Sfax
- Neptunia Sfax
- Helya Sfax
- Elmouradi Hotel Mahdia
- All passengers who have completed all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine are not required to quarantine at home for 10 days after arriving in Tunisia.
- Passengers under this exemption must present a COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate with a readable QR code issued by the country’s health authorities and a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate at check in.
- All passengers below 18 years old
- Diplomats and their immediate families who reside on diplomatic missions in Tunisia
- All nationalities may be accepted for transit in Tunisia.
- All nationalities may transit in Tunisia without a visa (TWOV) provided they remain in the transit hall for a maximum connecting time of 24 hours.
- Transit passengers may be accepted provided they meet entry requirements for their final destination.
- Transit to Libya
- Non Libyan passengers who plan to transit in Tunisia and continue their journey to Libya must have a Non Objection Letter provided by the sponsor and approval to board by the Libyan carrier inserted in their booking.
- Transit to Algeria
- Algerian nationals on repatriation flights travelling onward to Algeria may now transit through Tunis provided they booked a full fare ticket. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate issued no more than 36 hours before arrival in Algeria.
Random Rapid Testing on Arrival
Ministry of Health Authority staff may select passengers to undergo COVID-19 rapid tests on random basis.
All non Tunisian visitors are required to have a return ticket.
All non-Tunisian residents (holding valid residence cards) are not required to have a return ticket.
Visa services on arrival
Visa on arrival must be pre-approved with an application submitted by the sponsor to Immigration HQ in Tunisia.
Travelling to, from and through Dubai
If you re travelling to, from or transiting through Dubai, please check our Travel requirements for Dubai.