Embassy of Thailand in Switzerland, Berne
🏢 Embassy details
📍 Address: Kirchstrasse 56, 3097 Liebefeld bei Bern, Switzerland
🕜 Office hours: Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours
☎ Phone: (41-31) 970-3427
📧 Email: visa.BEN@mfa.mail.go.th
💻 Website: www.thaiembassy.ch/
🚴♂️ Processing time: 5-7 working days
☝ Special conditions: Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern
🐱💻 Visa application form: link
Checklist of documents for visa to Thailand
- Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
- Completed visa application form
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
- A copy of Accommodation Reservation (after quarantine), please provide: In case of staying in a hotel/apartment; a reservation confirmation for at least half of your stay in Thailand with name, address, and contact details of the hotel/apartment. In case of staying with a non Thai citizen who owns a house/condo/apartment an invitation letter, a copy of his/her passport, a copy of his/her visa/residence/work permit in Thailand, and a copy of house register (Ta-bien-baan)/buying contract. In case of staying with a non Thai citizen who rents a house/condo/apartment; an invitation letter, a copy of his/her passport, a copy of his/her visa/residence/work permit in Thailand, and a copy of the rental/leasing agreement. In case of staying with a Thai citizen or Thai spouse; an invitation letter with a copy of his/her Thai ID or passport and a copy of house register (Ta-bien-baan).
- A Copy of complete bank statement from private or regular saving account (in Switzerland or Thailand) in the past 3 months showing a balance at the end of each month equal to no less than 20,000 THB per person or 40,000 THB per family.
- A financial guarantor is needed if traveller can not provided mentioned above balance. Only immediate family member (legal parents, legal children and legal spouse) can be a financial guarantor for traveler. Please submit; a guarantee letter, a copy of identification/passport and residence permit for Switzerland (for Non-Swiss nationals), a copy of complete bank statement from private or regular saving account (in Switzerland or in Thailand) in the past 3 months with minimum balance of 80,000 THB at the end of each month, and (if any) document showing relationship between the applicant e.g. copy of marriage certificate or birth certificate.
- For Non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit for Switzerland (the residence permit must be valid until your arrival date in Switzerland)
- For nationals of other countries except USA, UK, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, and Japan: please provide further documents: letter of Employment signed by employer or work contract with salary receipt of the past 3 months, or business registration for self employed, or Confirmation of receiving social fund/benefits for unemployed, or Pension Confirmation for retiree, or Enrollment confirmation from school/college/university for student
- Visa Fee of 40 CHF in cash only
- In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The Royal Thai Embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
Types of visas allowed at the embassy
|Tourist (TR)||Single Entry Tourist visa (60 days stay permit). The single entry tourist visa has its validity of 3 months from the date of issue with the duration of 60 days stay permit. Travellers are allowed to apply for a thirty days extension of stay permit at the nearest Thai Immigration Office.||60||True ? "Yes" : "No"||USD 40,00|
|Tourist (METV)||The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV) has a validity of six months from the date of issue and the duration of stay of up to sixty days per visit. You are advised to check the stamp of the immigration upon arrival.||180||False ? "Yes" : "No"||USD 40,00|