Embassy of Thailand in Japan, Tokyo
🏢 Embassy details
📍 Address: 4th Floor, Bangkok Bank Bldg., 1-9-16 Kyutaro-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka 541-0056
🕜 Office hours: Application 09.30-11.30 Collection 13.30-15.00
☎ Phone: (06) 6262-9226 ，(06) 6262-9227
💻 Website: http://www.thaiconsulate.jp/th/wwwj/
🚴♂️ Processing time: 2 working days
☝ Special conditions: For non-Japanese applicant a copy of residence card or certificate of alien registration which is valid at least 3 months or more. For those who are currently applying for renewal of residence card please submit a copy of acceptance of renewal issued by Immigration Bureau of Japan. The applicant is also required to present the original documents of identification upon visa application.
🐱💻 Visa application form: link
Checklist of documents for visa to Thailand
- Color Photograph(s) affixed to the application form (color photos taken within the last 6 months,size 3.5cm x 4.5cm)
- Passport Original and copy (At least 2 blank pages left)
- Additional documents for non-Japanese passport holder: Copy of passport holders signature page; Copy of Japan’s residence card (front and back side).
- Personal history (http://www.thaiconsulate.jp/files/user/visa_pdf/personal-history.pdf)
- Completed and signed by the applicant5. Original guarantee letter in English (http://www.thaiconsulate.jp/files/user/visa_pdf/Guarantee_Letter.pdf) with the guarantor’s identity documents: Guarantor must be over 20 years old and remains in Japan; Guarantor must be Japanese or non-Japanese who has the permanent residence in Japan; A photocopy of guarantors passport or driving license (front and back side) duly signed by the guarantor; A photocopy of guarantors passport and a residence card (front and back side) in case of non- Japanese guarantor.
- Official financial evidence in English in Yen or Dollar of the applicant. Official bank statement in English and a copy of bank account of the applicant with the balance not less than 20,000 Thai baht for each traveler or 40,000 Thai baht per family.
- Airline ticket or booking confirmation of the flights from Japan to Thailand and from Thailand to the applicant’s destination with the applicants name and flight details (flight numbers/ date and time of arrival and departure)issued by airline or travel company.
- Copy of proof of accommodation in Thailand in English or Thai with applicant’s name, name and address of accommodation, phone number and length of stay. Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) booking confirmation and receipt and proof of accommodation after alternative state quarantine (hotel reservation or in case of rental property, lease agreement with the applicant’s name and a copy of the landlord’s ID card with his/her signature English or Thai) In case of staying with family or friends, the applicant must provide the following documents:
- Letter from a guarantor in Thailand stating the guarantor’s name, applicant’s name, relationship, address, phone number, length of the applicant’s stay and guarantor’s signature, For a Thai guarantor: copy of the guarantor’s ID card and housing registration with guarantor’s signature. For a foreign national guarantor: copy of the guarantor’s passport, work permit, stay permit and lease agreement with guarantor’s signature plus a copy of the landlord’s ID card with his/her signature.
- Self-employed applicant: Original company registration
- Employee of a company/ educational institution: Original certificate of employment or certificate of leave in English* with the following details is required: full name of the applicant, employment details: name of the company/ organization, date of joining the company/ organization, current position, affiliation (section/ division/ department, etc.) and monthly salary.
- Student: Original certificate of enrollment in English
- Applicant aged under 20 both: Copy of the parents’ passport (both father and mother) with original signature as appeared in the passport. Original certificate of family register or certificate of residence.
Types of visas allowed at the embassy
|Tourist (TR)||Single Entry Tourist visa (60 days stay permit). The single entry tourist visa has its validity of 3 months from the date of issue with the duration of 60 days stay permit. Travellers are allowed to apply for a thirty days extension of stay permit at the nearest Thai Immigration Office.||60||True ? "Yes" : "No"||4500,00|
|Tourist (METV)||The Multiple Entry Tourist Visa (METV) has a validity of six months from the date of issue and the duration of stay of up to sixty days per visit. You are advised to check the stamp of the immigration upon arrival.||180||False ? "Yes" : "No"||4500,00|