💳 Temporary stay of digital nomads visa of Croatia
🕜 Duration 365 days ✨ Extendable
NULLA DIGITAL NOMAD IS a third-country national who is employed or performs work through communication technology for a company or his own company that is not registered in the Republic of Croatia and does not perform work or provide services to employers in the Republic of Croatia. Temporary stay is granted for up to a year (possibly even less) and it cannot be extended. A new application for regulating a stay of digital nomads can be submitted 6 months after the expiry of the previously granted temporary stay of digital nomads. Close family members of a digital nomad who has been granted temporary stay in the Republic of Croatia may join him in the Republic of Croatia (see temporary stay for the purpose of family reunification). IF YOU ARE REQUIRED TO HOLD A VISA TO ENTER THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA: If you are submitting your application in person, you can submit it abroad at the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Croatia. IF YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO HOLD A VISA TO ENTER THE REPUBLIC OF CROATIA: If you are submitting your application in person, you can submit it at the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Croatia or at the competent police administration/police station according to your temporary residence address. APPLICATION AND DOCUMENTATION Copies of documents should be submitted in the Croatian or English language.
- 1. If you are submitting your application in person, you have to fill in Form 1a (bilingual form), or you can submit your application online.
- 2. copy of a valid travel document (period of validity of a travel document must be three months longer than the period of validity of intended stay)
- 3. proof of health insurance (travel or private health insurance must cover the territory of the Republic of Croatia)
- 4. proof of purpose (contract of employment or other document proving that the person performs work through communication technology for a foreign employer or his own company which is not registered in the Republic of Croatia), that is statement from the employer or third-country national (as proof that the person performs work through communication technology), and contract of employment or service contract with a foreign employer, or copy of the registration of his own company and proof that he performs the said tasks through his own company
- 5. proof of means of subsistence during his stay in the Republic of Croatia, You can submit a bank statement or proof of regular income. Pursuant to the Regulation on the manner of calculating and the amount of means of subsistence for third-country nationals in the Republic of Croatia (Official Gazette no. 14/21), which entered into force on 13 February 2021, third-country nationals who are regulating their temporary stay as digital nomads are required to have the amount corresponding to at least 2.5 average monthly net salaries paid for the previous year, in accordance with the official data published by the Croatian Bureau of Statistics. This amount is increased by 10% of the average monthly net salary for each additional family member or life partner or informal life partner. Currently, the amount required on a monthly basis is a minimum of HRK 16,907.50. More precisely, if you intend to stay in the Republic of Croatia for 12 months, you need to prove that you have a minimum of HRK 202,890.00 available.
- 6. proof that he/she has not been convicted of criminal offences from his/her home country or a country in which he/she resided for more than one year immediately before arriving in the Republic of Croatia (see Information on the legalization of documents).
- 7. provide address in the Republic of Croatia When submitting your application and filling in your form, you will be required to provide your address of stay or of intended stay in the Republic of Croatia. This is important for determining the police administration/police station which is locally competent for processing your application. If this is the first time you are applying and you do not have an address in the Republic of Croatia, you can provide a temporary address as the address of your intended stay (hostel/hotel if you have a reservation/confirmed reservation of accommodation).